Pages

Monday 15 October 2018

Formal and Informal

Formal -
I am writing to complain about the state of the condition of the playground. Over the last two weeks, I have noticed a great deal of litter.

Informal -
How are you?. I’ve been dead busy since your last letter. We have to work really hard at school to get ready for our PAT tests.

Today for reading we have been learning which sentences were formal and which were informal. What I learnt was that formal means something that might be written in a letter and writing an Informal is like writing an email to someone. In the formal part I wrote "I am writing to complain", "state of the condition of the playground" and "a great deal of litter". In the informal part I wrote "How are you?", "dead busy" and to get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment