Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2018

Leap of faith

First Flight

Each time the sun suddenly goes down and the moon rises up I always watch my parents fly up high in the sky searching for food. I really wanted to fly just like them. I had a great idea and because I was so plucky I knew I just wanted to fly. My parents just inspired me, so I walked up to my window and I glanced outside to see how all the owls and birds fly in the night sky.

I lifted one leg up and I launched my body out of the open window. I could smell the fresh flesh in the soil ready for me to feast.  As I flew into the sky, I glided through the bushy trees looking for a location to hunt for my meal. I pecked the soft and dirty soil pinching the worm in my mouth out of the dirt eating it softly.

Then, With the worm in my mouth still wriggling in my beak I flew back home safely. Eating the worms made my mouth water.  I knew that it was my first flight flying into the sky and looking at the beautiful view. I walked back down the stairs and I told my parents that I had my first flight.

The next day
I woke for school. I knew what I was going to do. Instead of driving to school I told my parents that I could fly to school.


Today for writing me and my partner Joel were writing a story of an owl having its first flight. I
then painted a picture in my head so I can create a story about me having my first flight.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Joshua
    I have enjoyed reading you'r some of you'r writing about your story. I think you should change you'r layout of you'r writing because I cant see all of all of the writing. This is a fantastic writing Joshua.

    - Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete