Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Summer Learning Journing / Day 1 - Week 1 - Activity 1

Image result for maui and the giant fish
For this activity, we wrote three interesting facts about Maui and the giant fish. This was really interesting because this is my first time reading and learning about Maui and the giant fish.  The books I have read about Maui is:

How Maui slowed the sun
How Maui brought fire to the world
Maui and the other Maori Legends

1. Every time when his brothers come back from fishing, he would always ask if you could come fishing next time.

2. His brothers would make excuses for why he shouldn't come fishing.

3. Maui had caught a  big fish after the brothers had stopped laughing

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joshua,

    My name's Ruby and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you as part of the Summer Learning Journey program. It's great to see that you've made a start on these activities! And kept at them so well. Good work!

    These are good facts about Maui. His brothers weren't very nice to him in this story. I wonder why they were so mean. Why do you think they were mean to Maui?

    It's great to see that you have read other Maui stories! He is quite an important part of Aotearoa's mythology. Do you have a favourite out of all of these stories? I enjoyed the story about how Maui slowed the sun the most when I was younger.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete