Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Week 2 - Day 5 - Bonus Activity


In this Activity I read an article written by the Summer Learning Journey It says: 


The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system, made up of 2900 individual reefs. It is so big that it can actually be seen from space! The reef is located on the east coast of Australia and many people believe that it is millions and millions of years old. For most of its life, the reef has been a healthy, vibrant ecosystem. Over the past thirty years, however, it has changed dramatically. Much of the beautiful bright coral has become bleached and has lost its color. Sections of the reef have also been damaged by tourists, cyclones and the introduction of new, damaging invasive species. 

The Australian government is working to protect and preserve the reef. Each year they spend about $200 million dollars repairing and protecting the reef. It is a lot of money and they could really use some help raising the money (funds) required to repair the reef.

We also had to write three Ideas or strategy for raising the Great Barrier Reef. Above this blurb shows the three Ideas I choose to talk about.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there Joshua, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey Programme. It's wonderful to see that you've already started completing activities. I hope you've had a great Christmas and stay safe over new years.

    I am originally from Auckland but have recently moved to London, England. Over the summer I will be commenting on your blog from the other side of the world!

    Well done. I am really impressed that you're already moving into week three of the activities!

    You've come up with three useful ideas for raising money. Where are you going to get 100 million dollars from?

    Have you considered writing to the government?

    What about having a raffle at your school?

    You could put on a talent show at your school and invite the community to pay a few dollars to visit.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy, thanks for the comment. Christmas was really good this year. I would be starting making money online I suggest. Not yet started writing to the Government (DO WE HAVE TO WRITE A LETTER)

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Joshua,
    It's great you have made a start on the summer learning journey. You need to work on adding more facts. Which question would you choose?

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Joshua,

    What an amazing blog post. I did this activity too. By the way I've completed all of the SLJ activities. I am currently commenting and reading on your SLJ activities. What I've seen so far is awesome. Your ideas are awesome. The created DLO looks very informative. I love it so much. My favourite idea out of all is put a sign up. How about you?

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joshua,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think you have done a great job brainstorming ideas to help out the Great Barrier Reef. How would you manage to get 100 million dollars? Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete