Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Week 3 - Day 3 - Activity 1

Banded Dotterel (Pohowera)

My bird is a Banded Dotterel (Pohowera) but they are usually called Plover. They are usually found in the New Zealand Seashore's, estuaries, and riversides. The Plovers run then they stop and peck the ground. They'll always run while they are searching for food. They usually search for Invertebrates which are little tiny animals.

In this activity, we had to found a bird that was on this website called "Bird of the year" This was an activity where we had to find a bird and we had to write a short description about the bird. The bird I choose was Banded Dotterel which is also called Plove. In our description, we had to write where the bird lives and what it eats.




4 comments:

  1. Greetings Joshua,
    I found the bird that had the least votes. That's great you learnt information about this bird! This site had a lot of birds some where on the grass and some of the other birds were in Water or on Trees. You have being working hard in the summer learning journey and I hope you keep blogging!

    Keep it up Joshua!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua,

    Thanks for sharing your learning about your selected bird. I've completing this task too, but I chose to talk about a Black Robin. Was your bird in serious trouble? My one was. I have learnt lots about your bird and it is great to learn about. Hopefully you will give me feedback on my work. Nice image of your Plover.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. Your information on the Banded Dotterel is great. Have you ever seen one in real life before? Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joshua!

    Thank you for sharing some information on the Banded Dotterel! I have not heard of this bird before ...maybe I have seen them running along the beach I'm not sure! :)

    What made you pick this bird for bird of the year?
    Have you seen one before?

    They do look pretty adorable, I like the different tones of colour they have on their bodies.

    Great work Joshua, ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete