Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Week 4 - Day 3 - Activity 1



The video I picked is video number 1. This video talks about a man making a trap for the possums. First, he made a box that had a phone inside it was connected to a microphone. The microphone and the smartphone was used to record the possum's voice. Also, it had 2 cameras facing the trap. When a possum goes inside the cage then the gate shuts with a screwdriver. But the only thing I didn't like was that there were more cables then I thought. I thought there were only 3 cables. Also, it pays a lot of money to get these things.

In this activity, we had to pick 1 video out of 3. I choose the first video. The video was about Cacophony Project. It was about a man making a setup trap for the possums because he lives around a place where possums also stay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi again Joshua,

    It's Mele again. I completed this activity too. It was very fun right? The image looks great too. I chose the same video choice as you, which was video number 1. That video was very inspiring right?

    NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Joshua,

    Good choice! People do need to trap possums these days, as they do so much damage. Did you know just after Christmas I came face to face with a possum. I was walking over a bridge at night with a torch, and the possum stood there and didn't move. In the end I had to stamp my feet to scare it off.
    Do you like putting stuff together like this

    Keep up the good commenting!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. Hopefully we will become predator free by 2050 because our native birds like the Kiwi are becoming endangered because of the predators/pests. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete