Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Week 3 - Day 4 - Activity 2


Image result for The seven stars of matariki

This book is about the seven stars of Matariki. The book tells us who the seven Stars are. The seven stars are Wati, Waita, Waipunarangi, Tupuanuku, Tupuarangi, Ururangi e, and Matariki. What the seven stars did was that they created a star and the korua has a lot of magic when the man turned into a bird an eavesdrop on his brother's conversation. Mitai's brothers fell in love with these beautiful women but Mitai told them that they were fairy women. But the brothers didn't care they were just looking at the beautiful. One of the brothers saw the ladies and heard them saying that they are going to let the brothers starve to death. So he told the brothers and they catch the ladies and gave it to the God of stars. 

In this Activity, we had to write 6-8 sentences about the story of the Seven Stars of Matariki. I watched a few videos that were listed in the SLJ Website. Above this blurb is my story that I've learned during this Activity.

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Joshua,
    I think I wrote 6 sentences but who really cares ish! I remember drawing this picture at my old school and if we would get a prize. When was the last time you watch it?


    Keep it up Joshua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Joshua,

    Well done for completing another SLJ activity. I enjoyed doing this activity, because I got to watch a video and then retell it, by using my own words. Did you enjoy doing this task, because I did. The image looks great. The retelling that you summarised is amazing. You have used strong and amazing words for this activity.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I like the way you retold the story of the seven stars of Matariki. I think that you did a great job. I also like how you put it into your own words. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joshua!

    This is a great summary of the 'Seven Stars of Matariki'.
    I like that you have managed to do it so concisely, great work!

    Did you enjoy this story?
    I thought Miti was a pretty cool character - I have read a few different Matariki books but I think this one and the 7 kites of Matariki are pretty awesome! Have you read the 7 Kites of Matariki?

    Have you learnt much about Matariki in school?
    I know that when I was in school there was only 7 stars of Matariki but I heard recently that it is now counted as 9...
    I found this article here that talks a little bit about it:
    https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/nine-stars-not-seven-academic-says-many-getting-matariki-wrong?variant=tb_v_1

    Great work with this one Joshua, ka pai :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete