Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Week 2 - Day 3 - Bonus Activity



The Giant Squid weighs 500kg.
An average adult can lift 25kg
An average child can lift 15kg
How many people does it take to lift the squid?

What did is I times 25kg by 20kg and it made 500kg.
So 25 Adults and 20 Children can lift up the 500kg Squid.
So my answer should be 500.

In this Activity, we had a 500 kg squid in Te Papa in Auckland. This was a Maths problem. This was hard because I had to times the 25 by 20 and it made 500. This was challenging for me because we had to try and solve this problem. The question for this was How many adults and children could move this giant Squid?

3 comments:

  1. Greetings Joshua,
    The Maths problems in the summer learning journey were pretty hard! I hope to see more blog posts. Me too that question was hard for me to solve.

    Keep it up Joshua,
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua,
    Well done on finishing this Summer Learning Journey activity. I think that you have done a great job solving the math problem. Have you ever tried squid before? Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joshua!

    Thank you for sharing your answer for this activity. :)
    I am thinking that maybe you have gotten a little bit confused or maybe misread what the question is asking -
    For this activity you needed to see if you can come up with a team of adults and children who would be able to move the squid.
    Children can only lift 15kg's each and adults can only lift 20kg's each.

    Hopefully this might help with your thinking:

    I know that 4 x 25 = 100
    so if I want to lift 100kg's I would need 4 adults

    I know that 15 x 10 = 150
    I know if I double 150 = 300
    So if I wanted to lift 300kg's I would need 20 kids.

    This is not the full or only solution to the problem but hopefully it might give you a clear idea of how you can go about it! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete